Clinical Documentation Improvement Specialist (CDI) **Sign On Incentive **
Tight knit Community, lasting care
At Samaritan Healthcare we are dedicated to providing healthcare services to the community that we serve. We are committed to providing the very best work environment for our employees and the very best care to our patients.
We are seeking a Clinical Documentation Improvement Specialist (CDI) for our Samaritan Healthcare community in sunny, Moses Lake, Washington! As the Clinical Documentation Specialist (CDI) you will facilitate the accurate and complete documentation of clinical documentation in the medical record throughout the patient stay by providers and other clinicians to reflect appropriate clinical severity, complications, and co-morbidity.
This position is hospital based (not remote) and works closely with the Coding Staff, Medical Staff, Clinic Services, Nursing, and Quality to ensure accurate documentation requirements are met. This position requires the exercise of leadership skills with a philosophy of creating a high-trust culture that empowers employees as individual contributors and fosters a strong team environment.
You may qualify for this position with the following credentialing and experience:
- CCS, RHIT, or RHIA credentials with a minimum of 5 years of experience in inpatient coding in an Inpatient Prospective Payment System (IPPS) hospital setting.
- Demonstrated experience in a Clinical Documentation Improvement program.
- Demonstrated knowledge of computer systems for Clinical Documentation Improvement tracking, assessment, and reporting.
- Demonstrable knowledge of Hierarchal Condition Code models in outpatient settings.
- Initiative, creativity, outstanding written and verbal communications, and presentation are required. Demonstrated ability to find creative solutions to complex problems.
This is a full time, hospital based, salary exempt position
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 19-141