Clinical Informatics Specialist, RN, Full Time
Tight knit Community, lasting care
At Samaritan Healthcare we are dedicated to providing healthcare services to the community that we serve. We are committed to providing the very best work environment for our employees and the very best care to our patients.
We are seeking a Clinic Informatics Specialist for our Samaritan Healthcare community in sunny, Moses Lake, Washington! As Clinic Informatics Specialist the position shall act as a liaison between the clinical areas and the Information Technology Department. This includes the primary responsibility of determining the needs and requirements for clinical applications in patient care and support settings. The Clinical Informatics Specialist will also lead projects associated with the evaluation, selection, and implementation of clinical systems and systems used to support the functions of clinical staff (i.e. EMR, digital imaging, etc.). This individual will work with staff and physicians to optimize the usage of clinical systems through education and training, reporting, quality outcomes, and providing support in accordance with organizational goals.
You may qualify for this position with the following credentialing and experience:
- Current Washington State Registered Nurse License preferred.
- Graduate of accredited School of Nursing preferred.
- Comprehensive understanding of clinical principles to evaluate information system needs.
- Two (2) to three (3) years experience with systems implementation and support preferred.
- Proficient with computers (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, etc.).
- Proficient with report writing software (Crystal Reports, etc.).
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Basic Life Support Heartsaver (HS) level to be completed within three (3) months of hire.
This is a full time, days, hospital based, salary exempt position
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 19-147