Coding Educator - Auditor, Full Time
Tight knit Community, lasting care
At Samaritan Healthcare we are dedicated to providing healthcare services to the community that we serve. We are committed to providing the very best work environment for our employees and the very best care to our patients.
We are seeking a Coding Educator / Auditor for our Samaritan Healthcare community in sunny, Moses Lake, Washington! As the Coding Educator and Auditor you will be responsible for coordination, training, and auditing the Coding and Concurrent Documentation Improvement (CDI) functions of the Health Information Management Department. This includes ongoing education of staff, auditing of coding and CDI quality and productivity as well as education of providers in our Hospital and Clinic.
This new position is hospital based (not remote) and works closely with all HIM staff in order to ensure records are processed and maintained in accordance with State and Federal regulations. The Coding Educator-Auditor will coordinate the workload, provide training and education to RHIT Coders and Concurrent Documentation Specialists, and perform ongoing audits of the quality of the services performed.
The Coding Educator-Auditor reports to the Director of Health Information Management and works closely with Patient Financial Services, Admitting, as well as medical and clinical support staff to improve the clinical validity of documentation for accurate and complete coding.
You may qualify for this position with the following credentialing and experience:
- RHIT, CCS, or RHIA with a minimum of 3 years of experience in an educator or auditing role in coding in a healthcare setting.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience coding inpatient, outpatient surgery, outpatient/clinic, and emergency services records.
- Previous experience with a Clinical Documentation Improvement Program in a hospital or clinic setting.
- Demonstrated experience providing education or in-service training to coders or clinical providers.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Anatomy and Pathophysiology.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
This is a full time, hospital based, salary exempt position
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 19-145