Coding Specialist, Samaritan Clinic, Full Time
Tight knit Community, lasting care
At Samaritan Healthcare we are dedicated to providing healthcare services to the community that we serve. We are committed to providing the very best work environment for our employees and the very best care to our patients.
We are seeking a Coding Specialist for our Samaritan Healthcare community in sunny, Moses Lake, Washington! As the Coding Specialist you will be responsible for responsible for the assignment of coding classifications and abstracting to inpatient and outpatient records, monitoring and verifying calculation of DRG's and assuring accuracy of database.
The Coding Specialist reports to the Director of Health Information Management and works closely with all HIM staff to ensure records are processed and maintained in accordance with State and Federal regulations.
Competencies and certifications include, but are not limited to:
- RHIT, CCS, RHIA, CPC, or CPC-H preferred with a minimum of 6 months to 1 year experience. CCA credentialing may be considered.
- Training and/or experience in Medical Terminology.
- Anatomy and Physiology classes.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic Life Support Heartsaver (HS) level to be completed within three (3) months of hire.
Full Time; 40 hr/wk
Pay: $21.78 to $31.61/hour
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 19-261