Cook, Full Time
Tight knit Community, lasting care
At Samaritan Healthcare we are dedicated to providing healthcare services to the community that we serve. We are committed to providing the very best work environment for our employees and the very best care to our patients.
Samaritan Healthcare Nutrition Services seeks Cook
As a Cook at Samaritan Healthcare you are responsible for the preparation of foods and departmental support for patients, personnel, and visitors. The individual is responsible for maintaining high standards of quality food production and portion control, using standard recipes. Responsible for preparing the appropriate quantities of food to meet menu requirements. This position includes high volume cooking, various shifts and autonomy in creating menu items.
As a Cook you will work closely with the Nutrition Services Director. This position works closely with Food Preparers, Diet Technicians, and Dietitians in order to prepare sufficient quantities and quality of foods for patients, staff, and visitors.
The ideal candidate is one who lives out our Samaritan values of: listen, love, respect, excel and innovate as they work independently and as a team in delivering an excellent customer/patient experience. Your role as a Cook is a valuable and critical service to direct patients, family members and staff.
You may qualify for this position with the following experience:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Two years of cooking experience in a commercial kitchen. Experience in a healthcare setting preferred.
- Knowledge of cooking methods/procedures, including types of preparation and related routines.
- Ability to use inventory to avoid waste
- Current Washington State Food Handlers Permit.
- Basic Life Support Heartsaver (HS) level to be completed within three (3) months of hire.
This is a 40 hour per week day position 8:30a-5p Monday-Friday, various shifts
Apply Now By Clicking the Link Below!
Pay: $15.64 to $20.55/hour
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 19-224