Exercise Specialist, On Call
Tight knit Community, lasting care
At Samaritan Healthcare we are dedicated to providing healthcare services to the community that we serve. We are committed to providing the very best work environment for our employees and the very best care to our patients.
We are seeking a Exercise Specialist for our Samaritan Healthcare community in sunny, Moses Lake, Washington! As an Exercise Specialist you will provide expert guidance on exercise to cardiac patients in accordance with the standards, policies and practices of Samaritan Healthcare. The Exercise Physiologist/Exercise Specialist will collaborate with the Cardiac Rehab Team in providing exercise guidance, individualized exercise prescriptions and risk factor education for patients in our Phase 2 and Phase 3 programs.
The individual in this position reports to the Respiratory Care Director. This position works closely with patients, physicians, and others in order to ensure optimal patient care and outcomes.
You may qualify for this position with the following credentialing and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in exercise science or related field.
- Preferred American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) Exercise Test Technologist/Exercise Specialist Certification.
- One year experience in cardiac rehabilitation including developing and progressing individualized exercise prescriptions.
- Experience with risk factor modification counseling.
- Successful completion of a Basic Arrhythmia/12 lead EKG Interpretation course or equivalent experience.
- Experience with telemetry monitoring and arrhythmia identification.
- Basic knowledge of clinical exercise physiology, preventative and rehabilitative cardiology (including nutrition, risk factor, and behavior modification strategies), and emergency/safety procedures.
- Current CPR certification – Healthcare Provider (HCP) level.
- ACLS certification within 6 months of hire.
Pay: $19.34 to $29.17/hour
Job Status: On Call
Job Reference #: 19-298