Medical Assistant-Certified, Samaritan Clinic **Expanding Services**
Tight knit Community, lasting care
At Samaritan Healthcare we are dedicated to providing healthcare services to the community that we serve. We are committed to providing the very best work environment for our employees and the very best care to our patients.
Samaritan Clinic seeks Certified Medical Assistants for our expanding patient services!
As a Medical Assistant – Certified (MA-C) you will assist providers and other members of the clinic health care team by performing a variety of back office and patient related tasks to ensure a smooth patient work flow within the department. In this role, you will provide a variety of patient care procedures within the scope of practice as defined by the Samaritan Clinic under Washington State certification. The scope of practice, may include, but is not limited to: injections, EKGs, ear lavage and blood draws, measuring patient vital signs, manage rooming and patient flow, including pre-visit preparation, assisting with the patient visit, and post-visit duties as well as informing the provider of schedule changes that impact patient flow.
The ideal candidate is one who lives out our Samaritan values of: listen, love, respect, excel and innovate as they work independently and as a team in delivering an excellent customer/patient experience. Your role as a Medical Assistant is a valuable and critical service to direct patient care.
You may qualify for this position with the following credentialing and experience:
- High school diploma or GED
- Active license in the State of Washington as a Medical Assistant – Certified (National certifications must still become credentialed through the WA State Department of Health)
- Knowledge of Electronic Medical Record systems, Epic preferred
- Current Healthcare Provider (HCP) CPR certification
- Family/Internal medicine experience preferred, new grads encouraged to apply
Competencies include, but are not limited to:
- Demonstrated competency in the ability to care for customers/patients across the age continuum
- Critical thinking in seeking appropriate direction and the ability to independently exercise safe judgement in decision making
- Ability to practice within legal and ethical guidelines
- Demonstrated competency on equipment
This is a 36 hour per week day position working 7:45am to 5:15pm; must be flexible with hours depending on the need of the provider and organization for patient care.
Apply Now By Clicking the Link Below!
Pay: $15.47 to $25.02/hour
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 19-158