Patient Account Representative, Hospital, Full Time
The Samaritan Business Office is seeking a Patient Accountant Representative to join their team! In this role, you will be responsible for performing a number of functions related to patient healthcare accounts and due dates for payments of services rendered. A successful candidate brings an understanding of customer account management and experience in processing claims, collecting payments, assisting with repayment terms and resolves questions about the account. Patient Account Representatives are the primary source of information for patients answering questions and guiding through issues pertaining to their account(s) while working to assure a zero balance is obtained in a timely manner.
You may be a candidate for this position with the following education and experience:
- Two-year AA or AAS degree preferred; High school diploma or GED required.
- Demonstrated experience or education in accounting, bookkeeping, and business math
- One year experience in a medical office setting preferred with demonstrated ability to meet deadlines while managing multiple tasks.
- Experience in customer service and telephone etiquette
- Knowledge of medical insurance, third party reimbursements and billing procedures preferred.
Note: Basic Life Support Heartsaver (HS) level to be completed within three (3) months of hire.
This is a full time, Monday through Friday position; 40 hours per week 8am-4:30pm
Pay: $16.84 to $21.76/hour
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 19-311