Patient Financial Services Director, Full Time
We are seeking a Patient Financial Services Director for our Samaritan Healthcare community in sunny, Moses Lake, Washington! The PFS Director oversees the output and quality of all back-end business functions, and collaborates with the Admissions Director and HIM Director to identify strategies for performance improvement on a daily basis. The Patient Financial Services Director is a key leader for Samaritan’s financial health and responsible for supporting and managing the day-to-day operations of team members who perform reimbursement activities, third party payor follow-up, collections, and cash posting. The associated functions of the PFS team play a large role in reimbursement, cash flow, and whether a patient will return for service to restart the revenue cycle process.
This position reports to our Executive Director of Finance and works collaboratively with the Directors of Admitting and Health Information Management. We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, or similar field from a recognized college or university preferred, or equivalent combination of education/experience.
- Certification as CPAM (Certified Patient Accounts Manager) and/or CHFP (Certified Healthcare Financial Professional) preferred.
- Five years management and leadership experience within a hospital, clinic or healthcare field.
- Experience with EMR conversion and a working knowledge of and experience with automated systems.
- Demonstrated knowledge of managed care, third party billing and collections.
- Experience with compiling reports, statistics, composing letters, coordinating meetings, developing office procedures, establishing filing systems, interviewing others and researching information.
- Basic Life Support Heartsaver (HS) level to be completed within six (6) months of hire.
F-Time; Salary Exempt
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 19-126