Transitions of Care Manager, Full Time
Tight knit Community, lasting care
At Samaritan Healthcare we are dedicated to providing healthcare services to the community that we serve. We are committed to providing the very best work environment for our employees and the very best care to our patients.
We are seeking a Transitions of Care Manager for our Samaritan Healthcare community in sunny, Moses Lake, Washington! The Transitions of Care Manager is responsible for the functions of the clinical care management department related to Utilization Management and Transitions of Care functions. Implementation is accomplished through patient assessment, monitoring of the plan of care, review activities, coordination with the interdisciplinary team and any outside third-party payers, communicating with physicians, performing utilization management activities to avoid denials, reduce avoidable delays and control costs where possible, and by facilitating continuity of care across settings. The Manager of Care Transitions (MCT) leads the Agency Affiliated Counselors and provides direction to the House Supervisors as their work relates to Care Management Services.
The Transitions of Care Manager reports to the Chief of Patient Care Services/CNO. This position works closely with Agency Affiliated Counselors, House Supervisors, Medical Staff and all Nursing Departments.
You may qualify for this position with the following credentialing and experience:
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing preferred. Bachelor's Degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience. Current Washington State RN Licensure. A Master's Prepared Social Worker may be considered.
- Three (3) to five (5) years acute care clinical experience. If a registered nurse, experience in a variety of acute care nursing departments, preferred.
- One (1) year Utilization Management/Case Management experience.
- Flexible, positive, and clear interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to provide information in a collaborative manner with physicians and other staff. Must be able to communicate effectively in one-on-one situations as well as large group settings.
- Critical reasoning skills in clinical decision-making, problem solving, and ability to interpret and analyze data.
- Knowledge and understanding of regulatory, financial and clinical aspects of care.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access and overall computer literacy required.
- HCP (Healthcare Provider) Level of BLS (Basic Life Support) within three (3) months of hire.
This is a full time, hospital based, salary exempt position
Variable shifts; M-F, with occasional weekends
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 19-148